Adopt a Beach Program
Terramar Beach entered into the Texas General Land Office Adopt-A-Beach Program.
The committee is looking for beach clean-up volunteers to help keep the beach clean year round.
To help with this program Contact Bonny English Tel: (713) 737-1194 or Cell: 713-419-4718
Action Group Volunteer Opportunities
Below is a list of some opportunities that will utilize your time, talents and efforts to take ownership of your neighborhood. If you would like to volunteer, please contact any board member.
1. Fundraising: includes but is not limited to research, planning, organizing and implementation of ongoing fundraisers. Responsible for at least 2 major community fundraising events per year.
2. Bay Restoration: includes but is not limited to working with existing committee to acquire grants, permits etc. Join with neighboring HOA's. Set a target date for start of dredging.
3. Beach raking: Assist existing committee with permit process to ensure constant standard of seaweed removal.
4. Community Building: includes but is not limited to organizing and implementing monthly community building activities (pot-lucks, gab sessions, beach parties, ice cream socials, fishing tournaments, Christmas decorating contest). Obtain donations for any expenses.
5. Community Pride: includes but is not limited to beach, bay and commons area clean-up. Plan, erect and take down Christmas decorations and other holiday decor at the entrance.
6. Landscaping: includes but is not limited to establishing a long term master plan for landscaping the boulevard, pool and mailbox area using native, drought resistant plants. Create landscape design. Determine irrigation needs of existing palms and future landscaped areas. Implement changes.
7. Maintenance: recruit volunteers willing to use experience or expertise to perform repairs and routine maintenance in the subdivision.
8. Networking: includes but is not limited to identifying property owners interested in offering assistance to TBCIA through donations of their time, treasure and talents. Compile comprehensive e-mail list of property owners for communication purposes. Prepare Newsletter.
9. Outreach: includes but is not limited to senior assistance, bereavement, hurricane preparedness.
10. T-BOB: Take Back Our Beaches. Includes but is not limited to: petition to exempt Golf Carts from not being allowed on the beach, communicate in large numbers to legislators, prepare impact statements backed with statistics documenting accidents on the beach, attend city council, WGIPOA and other meetings of interest for TBCIA.